West Town Lane Academy is a caring community school which encourages mutual respect and consideration for others
- We will provide a stimulating environment which will encourage children to have high aspirations for their future
- We will place the children first, recognising they are individuals with their own personalities, strengths and needs
- We will maintain close links between home and school, working together in the best interests of the children
- We will make good use of our grounds and local community to enrich the whole curriculum and provide contexts for learning
- We will provide a wide range of learning experiences, using innovative resources, modern technology, visitors and trips to provide enjoyable learning opportunities for the children
- We will maintain a secure environment for learning, promoting independence and responsibility
Welcome to West Town Lane Academy. We are a 540 place Primary School taking children from the ages of 4 to 11 years "where learning is an adventure." We will expand to a 570 place Academy in September 2015, providing additional places for local families.
Our school prides itself on the opportunities it offers children, providing a rich and broad curriculum. We ensure that in addition to the statutory curriculum, we offer enrichment activities, theme days, extra-curricular activities and residential experiences for children that provide an 'all round' education. We are very proud of our 'Rights Respecting School' status, and are keen to ensure that children leave our school knowing their responsibilities towards others.
The school aims for high standards and expects excellent behaviour at all times and in all aspects of school life. We hope you will support this, sending your child to school in correct uniform each day and ensuring good communication between us.
West Town Lane Academy is strongly committed to protecting and safeguarding children, and expects all staff, parents and volunteers to embrace this commitment.